What should you eat in the morning to help you feel as fresh as a daisy? What should you eat when you’ve run out of energy? How can I find myself one healthy habit that won’t be too complicated and doesn’t require too much effort? What helps me get rid of these annoying cravings?
Well, the easiest thing you can do to make yourself feel better is to simply introduce fresh fruits, vegetables, and berries into your daily menu. And you can do all this by drinking one smoothie a day.
6 reasons to drink smoothies
- They’re quick and easy to make (and drink!). Making your own nutrient-heavy smoothie doesn’t take as long as preparing most meals, giving you more time to do lots of other awesome things;
- They strengthen your immune system, so you’ll always be fighting fit! They’ll reduce the number of times you get sick (if at all) and lessens the severity of any illness that does occur by empowering your immune system!
- You’ll have more energy. Smoothies supply your body with the right fuel, giving you more energy in both the short and long term;
- They’ll help you build muscle and improve your athletic performance. They provide your body with all the nutrients it needs to excel during athletic competition, and recover and rebuild after working out;
- They’re an awesome way to detox. You can give your digestive system a break by adding detoxifying ingredients like dandelion, greens and kale into your smoothies to aid your body’s detoxification processes;
- They support natural weight loss. They’ll help your body get all the vitamins and minerals it needs. If you also cut out the junk that adds weight from your diet, you’ll be able to see the pounds just melt away.
Your first smoothie
Keep it simple. Less is more.
BASIC SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1 banana
- 1 cup/glass* (frozen) berries
- a handful of greens
- 1 cup/glass* water
*1 cup/glass = 250ml
FOLLOW THE FORMULA – add everything just one cup
RIPE FRUIT BASE
Freshly squeezed juice
LET’S BLEND IT UP!
- Add the ingredients to a blender
- Add in just enough liquid to just about cover the fruit
- Blend until smooth (about 1 minute)
Just make sure you break the fruits into small bite-size chunks.
Simple as that.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe! If you feel that you are ready to take the next step and discover more smoothie recipes, then click here. From green smoothies to breakfast smoothies, we have it covered!
How to naturally sweeten your smoothie?
- Honey is an excellent natural sweetener. But you should be careful with it, only add it in small amounts, because you don’t want to ruin your smoothie by making it too sweet.
- Dates are also well known for their natural sweetness. 2-3 dates are enough to give your smoothie a twist of sweetness.
- Make sure you use ripe fruits because they are also a lot sweeter than ones that are gone off (banana, mango, peach, persimmon).
The best liquid bases for smoothies
- Water is a great choice when you want to let your fruits and vegetables speak for themselves. It’s best used in contrast with fruits that make thick and creamy smoothies, like banana and mango.
- Coconut water is low in calories, naturally fat- and cholesterol-free, and rich in potassium. With its sweet flavor, coconut water is the perfect base for just about any smoothie, especially ones that require a little boost of natural sweetness.
- Freshly squeezed juices offer beneficial antioxidants and helpful enzymes.
- Almond milk has a creamy texture and lovely nutty taste. Almond milk is a lactose-free, warm flavored liquid that will provide you with vitamin E, protein, and fiber.
Get yourself a healthy habit
it only takes one smoothie a day!
If you’re exhausted and feel like there’s no energy left, then a smoothie will definitely help you. You’ll feel how it quickly boosts your energy because your body can instantly start absorbing nutrients. Other positive aspects of a smoothie: it can be prepared fast, you can take it with you wherever you go and it always tastes delicious! You can replace one meal per day with a smoothie without regrets because all the necessary nutrients can be found there (if it’s done properly).
The smoothie is a true health booster which easily helps you get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables. It’s good for digestion, boosts metabolism, cleanses, helps to maintain body weight, strengthens your immune system and provides you with an all around great feeling!
Add superfoods to your smoothies and look and feel your best EVERY Day
Superfoods can help you add vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids, bioactive nutrients, antioxidants, as well as amino and fatty acids to your menu – everything your body need to function normally. These pure and natural products improve immunity; increase your energy level and overall feeling.
- Improving your nutrition: All the superfoods are rich in the nutrients your body needs, and they’re very low in bad fats and processed sugars that can ruin a diet.
- Strengthening your immune system: The nutrients and phytochemicals in many superfoods keep your immune system strong so you’re less likely to catch colds and the flu.
- Fighting free radicals: Superfoods are rich in antioxidants, which destroy the free radicals that can damage the cells in your body. This protection improves your health, reduces your risk of disease, and helps you age gracefully.
- Keeping your heart healthy: Those same nutrients, fiber, good fats, and phytochemicals also protect your heart by reducing inflammation and keeping blood vessels healthy.
- Feeling better: Superfoods help you feel more energetic.
- Boosting metabolism and watching your weight: Many of the superfoods are high in fiber and low in calories, so you can load up your plate without adding many extra calories. Some of the superfoods that are a little higher in calories are rich in protein, fiber, and good fats that keep hunger at bay, and some superfoods actually increase the number of calories you burn.
- Maintaining your youthful complexion: The antioxidants in superfoods reduce damage to your skin, and many foods are rich in vitamin C that keeps connective tissue strong. The combination means beautiful, healthy skin.
PRINTED SMOOTHIE RECIPES COME WITH EVERY PACKAGE
You eat better, you perform better, you feel better, you look better. It all ties together.
Teet & Sven