Smoothies are not just cute and colorful drinks, but a real, nutritious bombs. Just a glass of smoothie per day can change your wellbeing and gives you more energy than a cup of coffee. Here are 10 reasons why smoothie should be part of your day.
1. Simple and quick. Making your nutrient dense smoothie doesn’t take as long as preparing most meals, giving you more time for others things. Taking a smoothie with you is an additional convenient option.
2. The daily allowance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming the daily recommendations of fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Blending a couple of servings of each into a smoothie helps ensure you meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.
3. Improved digestion. Nobody I know wants to experience constipation or indigestion. Let your blender “chew” your food and ease the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of dietary fiber to ensure excellent digestion.
4. Detox. We’re exposed to and bombarded by thousands of man-made chemicals in today’s world, which leaves our body begging to detoxify. Give your digestive system a break while adding detoxifying ingredients like dandelion greens and kale into your smoothies to aid your body’s detoxification processes.
5. Boost your immune system. Getting sick is no fun. Reduce the number of times you get sick, if at all and lessen the severity by empowering your immune system. 2 spoonfuls of Chia seeds have 5 times more calcium than milk or any dairy product, 7 times more omega-3 than fish and 15 times more magnesium than broccoli.
Make a smoothie, boost it with superfoods, and feel good about yourself!
7. More energy. Supply your body with the right fuel for more energy in the short and long term. Smoothies are the easiest way to get a quick energy fix before or after a workout. Also a great way for energy kick in the morning or during a workday.
8. Meal flexibility. You can consume a smoothie at any meal, not just breakfast. No time for lunch, grab or make a quick smoothie. It is an ideal meal for the people who are always on-the-go. It is an excellent way to keep your eating habits healthy even during the busiest times.
9. Reduce cravings. We all crave sweets and unhealthy foods from time to time. Reduce those cravings, or better yet, replace what you would normally splurge on with a healthy alternative.
10. Better Sleep. Several studies have shown that healthier eating habits and lifestyle affect our sleep. People with healthier habits are more relaxed, calm and well rested.
You eat better, you perform better, you feel better, you look better. It all ties together.